Greenprint Summit 2015
National Research Inspiring Local Action
The 5th annual Greenprint Summit took place on January 29th and featured inspiring speakers from around the nation. The Summit showcased research and projects that prove the many benefits of trees as well as local case studies demonstrating successful, community-led urban forest projects.
Watch the Greenprint Summit 2015 Video.
Browse the presentations below for more information on each topic and stay tuned for videos from the day.
Welcome & Overview of the Summit
- Ray Tretheway, Executive Director, Sacramento Tree Foundation - Slides (.pdf)
Expectations for the Day
- Marian Bender, Director of Development and Business Services, Sacramento Tree Foundation - Slides (.pdf)
Correlating Urban Tree Canopy with Public Health Outcomes
- Dr. Desiree Backman, Chief Prevention Officer, California Department of Health Care Services - Slides (.pdf)
Using Urban Canopy Designs to Improve Air Quality and Public Health in Metropolitan Areas of the U.S.
- Dr. Vivek Shandas, Department of Urban Studies and Planning, Portalnd State University - Slides (.pdf)
Social Life Under Cover: Tree Canopy and Social Capital
- Dr. Susan Dieterlen, Department of Landscape Architecture, College of Environmental Science and Forestry, State University of New York - Slides (.pdf)
Working with property owners to increase canopy
- Matt Buland, Community Forester, Sacramento Tree Foundation - Slides (.pdf)
Programs to encourage residential planting of fruit trees
- Dena Kirtley, Urban Forester, City of West Sacramento - Slides (.pdf)
Building a neighborhood shade tree program from scratch
- Ken Trott, Woodland Tree Foundation - Slides (.pdf)
Growing an urban forest along Russell Blvd. bike path
- Janet Mercurio - Slides (.pdf)
Spreading the Canopy projects in Iowa and California
- Shannon Ramsay, Executive Director, Trees FOREVER Iowa - Slides (.pdf)
Greenprint Certification: Guiding Development of Tree-friendly Communities in our Region
- Randy Sater, President, StoneBridge Properties, Sacramento. - Slides (.pdf)
Updating the City of Sacramento's Tree Ordinance: Employing a Comprehensive Methodology
- Amy Lapin, Executive Vice President, Economic and Planning Systems, Inc., Sacramento - Slides (.pdf)
Defining a statewide vision to guide urban forestry spending
- Greg McPherson, Ph.D. Research Forester, U.S. Forest Service. - Slides (.pdf)