A deciduous, upright, round-headed dense tree. Native to Europe, western Asia.
- Scientific Name:
- Mature Height:
- 20' - 30'
- Mature Spread:
- 20' - 25'
- Palmate, 3 - 5 lobes, 2 - 4" across and as long. Dark green with yellowish green or clear yellow fall color.
- Winged lobed seeds (samaras) 2" long & 1/3 -1/2" wide.
- Root System:
- No large surface roots.
- Growth Rate:
- Slow to moderate.
- Cultural Notes:
- Tolerates many soils.
- Sacramento Specimen:
- Hereford House, 2633 Riverside Blvd.
- East Lawn Memorial Park, 43rd & Folsom Blvd.
Minimum Planting Distances
- from SMUD pad mounted equipment (such as a transformer mounted on a concrete pad): 8 feet
- from a building foundation: 15 feet
- from walks and driveways: 6 feet
- from an air conditioner: 6 feet
- from a fence: 6 feet
- from a utility offset (such as an underground line, pipe or cable): 6 feet
- from a utility overhead (such as an overhead power line): 20 feet
- from a swimming pool: 12 feet
- from a septic system: 20 feet
- between trees: 18 feet