Summarize and Reflect
Students will be able to:
- Discuss the basic needs of trees.
- Discuss some of the benefits of trees to humans and other living things.
- Define stewardship.
- Discuss the possible activities of a tree steward.
- Identify the parts of a tree and label a sketch of a tree accurately.
- Discuss the functions of a tree’s various parts.
- Recognize that there are many different types of trees.
- Recognize that there are many different types of oak trees.
- Identify an oak tree by its leaves and acorns.
- Recognize the acorn as the seed of an oak.
Time: 45 minutes
Students review and organize the journal materials from this branch. Record any new learning or questions on the class tree chart and address the following questions either in their journals or as a class discussion:
1.What are the three oaks you are most likely to find in Sacramento County?
2.What would you do to distinguish between two different trees?
3.Why is it important to plant new oak trees?