Location Scout Intern
The Location Scout identifies spaces where trees can be planted. They report to the Sacramento Tree Foundation places they have identified that are in need of trees, provide maps of the site, estimated number of trees, and who the property owner is if possible. The Location Scout may be asked to do some neighborhood canvassing.
*Must be 16 years of age or older to apply
Education/Volunteer CoordinatorTime frame:
- Represent the Sacramento Tree Foundation while scouting for sites.
- Map sites that are identified as possible planting locations.
- Estimate the number of trees a site may accommodate by using the Sacramento Tree Foundation tree siting guidelines.
- If possible, identify who the property owner is and obtain contact information.
- Work with Sacramento Tree Foundation staff to create a site plan and planting event.
- Educate community members as to the importance of the urban forest and its benefits.
- Professionally and responsibly manage volunteers if asked to organize a canvassing event
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Organized and enthusiastic about working with others.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Communicate successes and challenges with manager.
- Demonstrate professionalism and a high standard of work ethic.
- Maintain compliance with all safety guidelines and procedures.
- Present self, position, and the Sacramento Tree Foundation positively in all activities and settings.
Attitude, Abilities, and Skills
- Understanding of nonprofit, mission-based organizations.
- Interest in building a better community.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently or as a team member.
- Ability to use mapping programs.
- Willingness to honor all policies and procedures.
- Sound reasoning and decision making skills.
- Attention to safety and proper equipment use.
- Ability to lift at least 30 pounds.
- Ability to perform extremely physically demanding work, including lots of walking, lifting and carrying heavy loads
Please contact our Volunteer Coordinator for additional information or questions: firstname.lastname@example.org or 916-924-8733 x122.
Ready to apply? Complete and submit this form