Habitat Restoration Intern
The NATURE Restoration Field Worker/Tree Stewardship Intern performs planting and maintenance of trees and other land stewardship activities.
*Must be 18 years of age or older to apply
Time frame: Part Time/Unpaid, 8-16 hours a week
Restoration Field Worker Duties
- Tree planting project preparation
- Installation of new and replacement trees
- Installation of irrigation systems for tree plantings
- Care of trees and project sites including: vegetation control, irrigation operation and maintenance, pest control, monitoring and related activities.
- Participate in field operations with staff and lead volunteer groups
- Seed collection and nursery maintenance activities
- Maintain equipment and tools
- Complete reporting for field operations
- Contribute to organizational projects as required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Field experience with restoration, mitigation or landscape projects
- Knowledge of native plants and their uses
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to participate in multiple projects
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and identify priorities
- Working knowledge of computers, internet and email programs
- Experience with nonprofit organizations, value the non profit ethic
- Demonstrate teamwork and professionalism
- Honor all policies and procedures
- Ability to work occasional weeknights and weekends
- Class C driver’s license, ability to meet insurance standards
Please contact our Interim NATURE Director for additional information or questions: firstname.lastname@example.org or 916-974-4325.
Ready to apply? Complete and submit this form.