Give back, make new friends, build your resume, leave a
lasting legacy, and have fun!
As part of our team of Planting Leaders,
you will engage and manage volunteers in tree planting and stewardship projects
at parks, schools, residential homes, and/or open space areas across the
Sacramento region in order to grow and protect the best urban forest in the nation.
Planting Leaders support at least one tree planting or care event per month during
planting season (October through May).
Planting Leaders support us by ensuring
that volunteers have the best experience possible and that volunteers’ work
follows tree planting and care best practices. By providing volunteers with
training, supervision, and encouragement along with staff and interns, they
also increase our capacity to plant and care for more trees across our
region. They are an integral part of the overall success of our events
and serve as ambassadors for the organizations in the community, thereby also
growing our volunteer team.
You will be a great Planting Leader if you…
- Enjoy giving back to our community
- Love nature and the great outdoors
- Want to restore habitat for local wildlife
- Like meeting new people and learning new skills
- Have fun planting and caring for trees
- Aspire to be a leader in our community
It’s easy to get started!
- Participate in a Tree Foundation planting or care event
- Attend a classroom orientation at the Tree Foundation office, which includes information about our mission and vision,
programs, volunteer management best practices, and the role of a Planting Leader
Choose between becoming a Planting Leader for our habitat restoration projects or urban tree plantings and attend a field
training on best practices for planting and tool use for those specific
- Shadow a staff member at a second event
to practice all the skills you’ve learned so far
- Receive your certification as a Planting Leader!
Planting Leaders will receive…
- A Certificate of Completion for their
- A special Tree Foundation t-shirt
- Continued training in tree planting and care
- Satisfaction of growing and protecting our urban
- Our gratitude and thanks
Questions or concerns? Please contact our Volunteer Coordinator at 916-974-4310 or email@example.com.