Summarize and Reflect
Students will be able to:
- Describe the benefits of urban forests.
- Assess the value of the urban forest in their school community.
- Advocate for the further development of the urban forest in their school community.
- Advocate for the further development of the urban forest in their home community.
Time: 45 minutes
Students review and organize the journal materials from this branch. Record any new learning or questions on the class tree chart and address the following questions either in their journals or as a class discussion:
1. Describe six ways that trees improve the lives of people.
2. Would you prefer to live in an area with many trees, a few trees, or no trees at all? Explain your thinking.
3. Is it good to have an urban forest with a lot of large, old trees? Why or why not?
4. Why is a diversity of tree species important?