Summarize and Reflect
Students will be able to:
- Synthesize and reflect upon their Seed to Seedling experiences.
Time: 45 minutes
Students review and organize the journal materials from their Seed to Seedling experiences. Check that each of the questions on the class tree chart has been addressed and take a moment to reflect on all that the class has learned. Then, have students respond to the following questions in their journals.
1. Draw an outline of a leaf from your favorite tree onto a sheet of white paper. Inside of the outline, write words that describe the tree. Outside of the outline, write words that describe your feelings about the tree.
2. Has keeping this journal helped you to become a better scientist? Why or why not?
3. Have your observation skills improved? If yes, give an example. If no, why not?
4. What do you like best about your journal? What would you do differently?
5. Complete this sentence: The three best things about trees are…
6. What was your favorite part of Seed to Seedling?
7. What will you do to continue to be a Tree Steward in the future?