Students will be able to:
- Creatively express their excitement for and knowledge about the urban forest.
Time: 45 minutes
Students review and the journal materials from their Seed to Seedling experiences and take a moment to reflect on all that the class has learned. Then, ask students to capture what they have learned through creating a poster which can be entered in the Sacramento Tree Foundation’s annual poster contest. The winning poster will appear on the Fall Cover of the Sacramento Tree Foundation’s newsletter, The Urban Forest Monitor.
Poster Contest Rules:
- Only 1 entry per participant.
- Entries may be done in marker, crayon, watercolor, ink, acrylic, colored pencil, and or tempera paint. No collages, computer generated, or computer printed artwork will be accepted.
- Entries must be no smaller than 8 ½” x 11” and no larger than 14” x 18”.
- Entries must be done on paper that will allow for duplication and display.
- Entries must be flat, and should not be mounted, framed, or folded.
- Entries are to be signed in the lower right-hand corner of the poster with the student’s first and last names.
- Posters should be mailed to the Sacramento Tree Foundation (191 Lathrop Way, Suite D Sacramento, CA 95815) by June 1 of each year.